- Content shopping will be king
- Social will steer retailers’ stocking decisions
- Omni-channel will require a singular customer view
- Hyper-targeting will take online personalisation in store
- Mass customisation will make products more personal
The lines between entertainment and shopping are blurring further and 2014 will see more retailers offer shoppers a richer, content-led shopping experience. Driven by the media, which have become retailers in their own right to bolster dwindling revenues from advertising and subscriptions, savvy retailers are using multimedia content to make the shopping experience more engaging. Retailers recognise that shoppers are no longer satisfied by the vending machine model of the last decade; they want to be entertained and informed as they browse the web and make purchasing decisions.